Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Leaving....well, maybe after all the delays

I'm in Ft. Myers airport right now wishing that my flight to Chicago wasn't delayed. I'm hoping it doesn't become even more delayed and that I will have enough time to make my connection flight to Air India. I'm going to have to claim my baggage and then recheck them through Air India, a process that will take almost two hours. But his way, my bags are guaranteed to make it with me to England.

I had a little last minute bad luck when my debit card expired a few days ago and my bank hadn't yet sent me a new one. They were supposed to overnight a new card to my bank by 10:30 this morning, but as of 11:30, the time I had to leave for the airport, FedEx had yet to arrive. So I'm now using my Mom's debit card until I know my London address and she sends my new card to me.

I calculated last night, and I am probably going to be awake for the next 36 hours. I don't plan on being able to sleep much on the plane.

I'm off to go search for something to eat for lunch and to find an outlet to charge my laptop. See you in London!

No comments: